Master of Ceremonies & Story Teller
This year, we are very pleased to have Jill as our Master of Ceremonies. Throughout the day she will be telling us stories from her many projects.
A pioneering underwater explorer and filmmaker, Jill’s photography and writing have been featured in prominent publications around the world. In recognition of her lifetime achievement, Jill was awarded the inaugural Medal for Exploration by the Royal Canadian Geographical Society.
Recognizing a lifetime devoted to water advocacy, Jill was also awarded the Wyland Icon and Sea Hero of the Year awards. Jill is a motivational speaker, prolific author of numerous books on technical diving and pioneer in the field of technical re-breather and cave diving. She founded WeAreWaterProject to spread water literacy and information that helps people to become better stewards of our water resources. Jill’s website IntoThePlanet tells her prolific exploration story.
- Sport Diving Magazine: Named A Living Legend
- Women Diver’s Hall of Fame: Inaugural Inductee
- Explorer’s Club Film Festival: Best Documentary
- Canadian Tech Diver of the Year
- Cine Golden Eagle (2)
- Fellow: National Speleological Society
- International HD Film Fest: Best Documentary